|“||No matter how helpless they might be, I will never laugh at them||”|
—Madoka Yabuchi, to Kuzuryū High
Madoka Yabuchi (薮内 円, Yabuchi Madoka) is dubbed the "Gem of the Girl's basketball team" whose first interaction with Sora Kurumatani is warning him to be wary of the basketball club. She takes basketball very seriously, if not as serious as Sora does.
Madoka is a slim and athletic girl with hair comes down to her shoulders with bangs that end just above her eyebrows.
Madoka is a very kind girl to those around her who respects Sora Kurumatani, even when she initially felt he was at a disadvantage, she took him seriously upon his request in a basketball match. She encourages the basketball players in her high school.
- "I'll place some hope on you. Do your best newbie team member!" - to Sora Kurumatani (Chapter 3)
- "1021 baskets... Ah, make that 1022. In total... He missed only four times... At first I thought I'd just go home. But I got curious." - to Momoharu Hanazono (Chapter 4)
- "That kid, he does it to make up for the fact that height is not his strength. He's been waiting for you, you know. To be able to play basketball with you... He believes it's in you!" - to Momoharu Hanazono (Chapter 4)
- The name Madoka means "circle, yen" (円).
- Madoka's surname Yabuchi means "bush" (薮) (yab) and "inside, within" (内) (uchi).