|“||The necessary thing for this team to win is to admit your own weaknesses here and the only way to resolve it is by using team work. There is no "I" in team. The most fundamental basics of basketball||”|
—Nao Nanao, to Kuzuryū High
Nao Nanao (七尾奈緒, Nanao Nao) is the club manager of Kuzuryū High.
Nao is an average size person, about 144 cm tall. She has medium-length blonde hair that ends before her shoulders and has blue colored eyes. She is also a short and beautiful individual, who always smiles, making her look cute. Nanao wears 'Nike Air Force 1 Low' sneakers.
Nao is a very friendly, upbeat, and energetic individual. Her hyperactivity makes her quite accident-prone. When speaking, especially in terms of her opinions, she has a habit of being very honest and upfront with others. Also, she is a knowledgeable and intelligent individual. She excels at school, receiving high marks in her studies. Similarly, she also serves as the strategist for the team. She has good eyesight for creating effective in-game strategies for her team.
Nanao is from Kanagawa Prefecture. Her family runs a sports good store known as 'Sports Nanao' in Kawasaki. She has a younger brother named Satoru, who is currently in elementary school. Nanao also has a cousin named Tarou, who plays for Kitasumi High. As a basketball enthusiast, Nao started playing the sport at a young age. Later on, she gave up on the sport due to her small physic and accident-prone deficiencies. Instead of playing, she utilized her efficient intellectual skills by becoming her junior high basketball team's club manager. Madoka is her former colleague from middle school.
Apart from basketball, Nao is an enthusiast of music, mainly the rock genre. She is an amazing guitarist, and is a part-time member of the music club at Kuzuryū High. Nao's favorite Japanese bands include the pillows, BUMP OF CHICKEN, Straightener, and ZARIGANI5 (now known as Fed Music). Besides that, her favorite Western music bands include Green Day, Sum 41, and Finch.
Nao takes a lot of pride in being the club manager for her team. She is a strategist and a great tactician. Due to her keen eyesight, she can quickly identify the opposing teams' weaknesses and immediately create effective strategies to counter them. She has absolute trust in her coaching skills and confidently agreed to a practice game between the boys' and the girls' team of Kuzuryū High, even knowing that the condition favors the boys' team. During the match, she quickly identified the boys' team weaknesses, notably Sora and Kenji. She set up effective strategies, which led Madoka and her teammates' to win the match. Nao's efficient coaching skills have been praised and recognized by experienced coaches such as Koga (Kitasumi High) and Sakamaki (Yokohama Taiei High).
Nao is also an excellent chef. During the basketball training camps, she was mainly in charge of cooking for both the Kuzuryū High boys' and girls' teams.
- The name Nao means "honest, esteem."
- Nao's surname Nanao means "seven" (七) (Nana) and "tail, end" (尾) (o).
- "Ah! Kurumatani-kun. My name is Nanao Nao. Nice to meet you." - to Sora Kurumatani (Chapter 25)
- "I actually saw the match with Maru-High. Kurumatani-kun was pretty cool. Good luck with your basketball and good night." - to Sora Kurumatani (Chapter 25)
- "1st year 3rd class Nanao Nao. I am 144 cm, weight 36 kg, Blood Type B and Star Pisces. My favourite food is Green Tea Pudding! As manager I will assist everybody to the best of my ability." - to Kuzuryū High (Chapter 25)
- "I think everybody is amazing and with these members they don't seem like some thrown together team. I don't think it's possible for them to win a match." - to Madoka Yabuchi (Chapter 25)
- "Natsumi-kun sense of responsibility as a forward, that supports his confidence... The amount of talent he has is huge but sometimes that can become a weakness." - to Kuzuryū High (Chapter 27)